Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The battle of a lifetime

As some of you know, I have recently been in a battle with my former real estate company over in Tallahassee. They decided to send me a bill for $8.51 when they owe me well over 700. I had decided to make them my new retirement plan, but circumstances changed and I decided it would take forever to take them to court and probably even longer to see any money from them.

But, I do not bow lightly to anyone. I decided to let them know how I feel about their company and how disrespectful they are.

So without further ado here it ladies and gentlemen, the letter that I will sending to a company that treats me like an idiot.



This letter is to inform you that I, Justin Brown have enclosed a check for the amount of $8.51 and therefore concluding my business with this company and also to inform you of why I will never do business with you again.
            During my short time dealing with this company I have encountered some of the most awful customer service I have ever had, counting my trips to Wal-Mart. The sheer disrespect and know-it-all attitude of every person at this company has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.  
            The only motivation I have to pay this $8.51 is because of the fact that I am sick and tired of dealing with this company and being treated like an idiot by everyone on your staff.
            I sent your staff a grand total of five (5) emails regarding the rent that I paid during the month of February. Even when I called and spoke to people no one informed me that the rent would not get returned to me, in fact quite the opposite, everyone said there would be a CHECK sent out within the week, always within the week. I have a feeling this was done to calm me so you could then sneak around and charge me even more money.
            I will turn my head to fact that your math indicates that I owe you money, whereas if you are looking at the entire balance sheet that you sent me and add up the numbers, you still owe me another $508.51, unless there are more hidden charges you have added and didn’t inform me about.
            The fact that you are charging me for damages done to the townhouse is despicable. My mother came to help me grab the last of everything I had and while there she managed to take photos of the entire place as I left it, in impeccable state. There are some charges that I agree with, but others that just make me realize that you are just trying to steal money from your tenants upon departure from you.
            I have been informed by a legal representative that I have the right to take you to court for this money, but the sheer fact that I would have to deal with this company one more time in my life disgusted me beyond all accord.
            If for any reason I receive any more notifications of payment, I will be seeking legal action.
           
Sincerely, 




I don't know if this letter will actually change anything, but who knows. If nothing else, it makes me feel better. Thank you for all those that suggested that I take them to the bank with owing me money, but I have decided it be best to just go ahead and pay up.

Next time though, I pity the company that tries to steal from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment