Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Found Wave

Lately I've felt something I haven't felt in a while. A complete happiness. A knowing that I'm not necessarily going through things that haven't been gone through before.
It's pretty bad when one of the guys at work, who I've known for less than 3 months, approaches me and asks if everything was okay. Then, he immediately knew it was girl problems because I was constantly dropping things. "Rev's got a crush on a girl." That's all I heard for the past 2 weeks. *sigh*
Or when a guy that I talk to every now and then, but never too much, walks up to me and asks if everything is going okay. You know that there is something going on.
But, whether it be the fact that I'm in the midst of talking to a girl that I liked and am starting to regain feelings for, or because I am now stronger in my faith than ever, I feel like walking on sunshine. Which, I know, would result in me falling and probably (knowing my luck) result in me getting seriously injured, but whatever.
I also have a healed foot, thank you to all for your prayers and concerns. I was able to go for a long jog for the first time on Thursday. It feels good to be back out running the roads. I think that is possibly the best feeling in the world to me.
But I also feel a strong pull towards something I haven't loved since I moved back to Jax. I know, this is going to make a lot of you hit "X," so let me direct you towards it now.
But I'm really starting to love Politics again. Newt Gingrich. You have my endorsement.
During the debate on Friday night, he was asked about his whole "ex-wife" incident. He, paraphrasing, said, it's not of your business and it sickens me that you would open up the debate with some of that bull.
Lets just say, Justin sat there with his mouth open. I immediately told my friends, I'm endorsing him.
I personally think we need more people like that. Not afraid to stand up and say, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! More politicians not afraid to stand before the media and yell at them for being the most bias entity on the face of this planet.

So there you have that.

Well, I'm trying to find a new hobby. I am determined to make 2012 the year of the New Justin. I'm done with the being the ladies man that goes through women like it's a fad. I'm tired of being the guy that turns his back on his friends when they need him the most. I'm tired of turning my back on God when I need Him the most.
Hence why I'm trying to change: Mind, Body and Spirit.
Mind: trying to be less dependent on others when I have a problem. Want to be able to turn to God instead.
Body: trying to be more healthy. Less Junk, more Hunk...or something like that.
Spirit: trying to be more in touch with God, know more about what He wants from me and trying to speak the gospel correctly and understand it to the best of my abilities.

This is going to be the year where I try to be more of a gentleman and less of a prowler. Where I try to be more of an athlete and less of a potato. Where I try to be less like a turtle and more like a sheep (sheep is religious...just fyi...turtle...means nothing...that I know of...)

It's time for me to stand up to my fears and look them dead in the eye and say "Hi."


They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

Andy Warhol

1 comment:

  1. Everything is well said. You are all over the place, and still like-able.

    You've had a lot of life discomfort and disappointment lately...It's hard to grow when you're comfortable though. Change is hard but good, and I'm in a similar boat. Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.

    ReplyDelete